a selection of small regional UK producers who actively support the concept of sustainability, local manufacture and use of local resources.
If you really must make that purchase, FoN UK have compiled a list of selected local producers and manufacturers in the UK. By compiling this list, FoN UK are merely making you aware of possible smaller scale alternatives to Mainstream producers and therefore FoN UK are in no way endorsing any of the products or services shown below.
- cycle bags, panniers and related cycle products have been made in Nelson, Lancashire for over 70 years. Bike bags made in a variety of materials including traditional cotton duck (nearly 100% waterproof), nylon and welded pvc 100% waterproof.
Pendle Bike Racks
- Lancashire based manufacturer offering vast range of bike racks for vehicles and also bike storage systems. Includes rear vehicle strap on racks; roof mounted racks; tow bar and ball racks; and garage mounting racks.
- long established manufacturer of rucksacks suitable for backpacking, expeditions, climbing and general walking, handmade from their base in the Lake District. Also travel bags, holdalls, camera cases, etc.
- the Yorkshire manufacturer of boots for walking, mountaineering and country users. Handmade in Richmond, North Yorkshire, the standard range is available in 5 width fittings and also vegetarian/vegan "Lorica" leather substitute. Alt-Berg source locally where possible and even have their own windturbine!!
- perhaps best known for their fibre pile and Pertex clothing and sleeping bags designed for use in all conditions. Made in Sheffield the range is designed primarily for mountaineering, climbing, hill walking, skiing, canoeing, mountain biking and sailing.
- manufacturers of waterproof clothing since 1986.
A small Bradford based tour operator offering the chance to get to know and go hiking with German and English speaking ramblers, or to meet old friends, through a common interest in nature and the open air life. Managed by a FoN member and may include staying in FoN Houses.