Recently upgraded, Kirk Yetholm Friends of Nature House offers a friendly and peaceful retreat after a day exploring the stunning Scottish Borders countryside and local heritage. There is a comfortable lounge, a well equipped kitchen, seating for 18 in the dining area and secure bike storage.
- Open: March-Nov daily. (Winter by arrangement). Check in 5-11pm, check out 10am
- Beds: 22 in total = 1x7, 1x5, 1x4, 2x2 (twin), 1x2 (bunk) bed room
- Dormitory beds (single sex), Family and Private rooms available
- All bedding provided
- Members Kitchen
- Drying Room
- Towel hire
- Secure bicycle storage
- Parking for 6 cars
- No Smoking
- Dogs/Pets - unfortunately the shared nature of facilities means we cannot allow on premises
- Our Friends of Nature House has also been awarded Visit Scotland 'Walkers Welcome', Visit Scotland 'Cyclists Welcome'. We are an SYHA Affiliate Hostel.
Excellent local amenities:
In addition to the self catering facilities at the Hostel, evening meals and breakfast are available in the adjacent Border Hotel. There is a well stocked village shop and a choice of eateries within a 10 minute walk.
As a focal point of village life, the local community, Borders Council, walking and outdoors groups have all supported the continued operation of Kirk Yetholm and we have some great plans for the coming years in terms of green initiatives for the building and supporting the local economy. In 2022 we celebrate 80yrs of offering accommodation in the village in what was originally the village school. We have established a Borders Friends of Nature Group and many of the improvements at Kirk Yetholm are shown on the group fb page: http://www.facebook.com/BordersFriendsofNature
The FoN publication "Travelling Respectfully - Tips for fair travel" is highly recommended and a good example of our work over the last 100+ years. Download here: https://www.nf-int.org/sites/default/files/infomaterial/downloads/2018-08/NFI_Reisen_mit_Respekt_EN_web_2014.pdf
Kirk Yetholm is run by a mix of volunteer wardens and paid staff, so if anyone is interested in wardening (or work parties!!) please get in touch.